Thursday, January 2, 2014

HOME | The Body Shop


Happy New Year! I thought I'd start off the new year with a post - Holiday-related of course. I'm obviously very obsessed with candles but I find they're gone so quickly (maybe I should stop burning them 24/7), so I opted for an oil burner for a change. Just when I got hired at The Body Shop they had a sale online so I caved and got the Holiday oil burner with the 3 Holiday scents.

The oil burner is originally $16 and I paid $12 for it. I love how it looks, the shape, the little stars and the colours! I believe it's made of ceramic, so you don't have to worry about it exploding or cracking on you.

The 3 Holiday scents are Cranberry Joy, Vanilla Bliss and Ginger Sparkle. They're $5 each and I got them for $3.75. I absolutely love the scents! I'm currently loving Cranberry, it's so fresh and seasonal. The vanilla is beautiful and warm and the ginger is sharp and smells like Coca-Cola.

I've used this burner quite a bit and I can tell you that it really makes your room smell a lot (in a good way, of course). You need to fill the little groove at the top with water (about 2 cm from the top) and then put around 5 drops of oil then light a tealight inside the burner. If you're sensitive to smells I do not suggest this burner, or I would say use 1-2 drops. I love strong scents so I put a lot.

The thing I don't like about oil burners is that you need to supervise them. Using one is like cooking, in a way. The fire burns and evaporates the water and sometimes the burner will start smoking a little and maybe bubble very lightly. Once most the water evaporates the oil will start burning and smelling. It's not a huge problem but you just have to make sure to keep an eye on it.

The Body Shop also has other non-Holiday oils and burners, so if you're finished with Christmas but still want a burner, don't worry, they've got you covered. They also have candles and diffusers if that's something you're into as well. I'm definitely planning on picking up some more oils.

What's your experience with oil burners?

Ada xx

No comments:

Post a Comment